PACS internship opportunities
Your internship has to be connected to the contents of the PACS programme. Suitable are especially internships in media agencies, foundations, ministries and other government agencies, NGOs, research facilities as well as political parties and associations. Here are some inspirations for a possible PACS internship in Germany (mostly in German; please inform yourself if English is fine for the organization):
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) (Berlin) in Germany or abroad.
- Federal Foreign Office (Berlin) and its offices abroad (embassies, consulates and Permanent Representations to the United Nations), for German citizens only.
- German Institute for Human Rights (DIMR) (Berlin).
- Global Public Policy Institute (Berlin).
- Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik (SWP) (Berlin).
- United Nations Association Germany (DGVN) (Berlin).
- Zentrum für internationale Friedenseinsätze/ Centre for International Peace Operations (ZiF) (Berlin).
- Political foundations like Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung, Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung, Friedrich-Naumann-Stiftung, Hanns-Seidel-Stiftung, Heinrich-Boell-Stiftung, Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung.
- Any international organization (e.g. via the Carlo-Schmid-Programme).
- Any human rights or humanitarian aid NGO (like the International Committee of the Red Cross or Amnesty International).
If you are unsure about the reference of your internship to peace and conflict studies, you should talk to your internship supervisor. The internship supervisor is a member of the academic staff in the PACS programme who will read your internship report and who will officially acknowledge the internship. Feel free to ask any of the staff for this task!
Internship Reports of Fellow PACS Students